Author: Aidée Jaimes
Narrator: Felicia Palmer
Length: 5 hours 50 minutes
Series: The Affair, Book 2
Publisher: Aidée Jaimes
Released: May 5, 2020
Genre: Women’s Fiction
Giving Cris a ticket for a one night stand with anyone she wanted saved their marriage. Or so Owen thought. But Bo was no random choice, and when Cris gave him her body, he gave her his heart. Neither Owen or Bo want to give her up. With two men that love her, and two men she loves, the time has now come to make the decision that will change all of their lives. Who will it be?
When Mexican-American author Aidèe Jaimes isn’t chasing after her energetic daughter and spending time with her happily ever after husband in their Florida home, she’s living other lives through her characters. As her writing evolved into darker, sexier, no holds-barred stories, she transitioned from the pen name Haden Hudson, to the author she is today! I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Aidèe Jaimes. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.
Q&A with Narrator Felicia Palmer
- How did you wind up narrating audiobooks? Was it always your goal or was it something you stumbled into by chance?
- It was something I stumbled on. A good friend started doing it and it just sounded like fun to me..
- A lot of narrators seem to have a background in theatre. Is that something you think is essential to a successful narration career?
- I do think that having some acting training is vital if you intend to do fiction but the very most important quality is the ability to tell a story well.
- What type of training have you undergone?
- I have a degree in Theatre. 🙂
- Are you an audiobook listener? What about the audiobook format appeals to you?
- I do love audiobooks. I think the ability to multi-task to a certain extent is great. It’s hard to read a book and walk at the same time so being able to listen and move around is great.
- What would you say are your strongest narration abilities?
- I think I’m a really good storyteller.
- How did you decide how each character should sound in this title?
- Like my other titles, I think about who I could see playing them in a movie or a play and then I picture that person as I’m reading their part.
- How does audiobook narration differ from other types of voiceover work you’ve done?
- Audiobook Narration is it’s own thing. You’re playing all the characters. Some of whom you would never be cast to play in a show which makes it a lot of fun. It also means you’re working on it for a lot more time than you would, say, a commercial spot.
- Do you read reviews for your audiobooks?
- Not anymore.
- If so, which ones stand out to you most, positive or negative?
- The Negative unfortunately.
- What do you say to those who view listening to audiobooks as “cheating” or as inferior to “real reading”?
- To each her own. I don’t think it’s cheating but I get the desire to read it yourself. As long as you keep reading, in whatever form, I’m all for it.
- What’s next for you?
- I’m currently working on two projects including another one in this series.
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.