I have the feeling I’m going to be struggling with balancing out the need to have down time while I also have a long long list of things to get done.
Things I want to get done include:
- going through the garage and organizing all the things out there including bringing in the last of Vicki’s belongings
- going through the back porch and organizing all the things we are storing there for the sale
- cleaning and organizing the craft room
- finish setting up the closet type space in the family room so the coats, scarves, etc aren’t tossed on the couch
- finish cleaning the office
- publishing and writing tasks
- cleaning the basement (i.e. arguing with my husband about not keeping everything)
- getting ready for the rummage sale I want to have
Now there is enough here to keep us busy for several weekends. I’m aware of this but for some reason, I want to get all this stuff done so we should work on it all weekend. Right? Nope. I know perfectly well I’ll be lucky to finish one of these tasks.
It may be a three day weekend but it’s also a pay weekend which means there are all the errands which go along with getting paid. I have stuff to go to the post office. Grocery shopping and other errands need to be run. We have a family wedding to attend. Preparations have to be done for next week and all of us going to work.
On the fun side, I’d love to go to a movie or spend a day crocheting and watching movies (or both). I’m well aware all three of us work hard during the week and need to have some down time on the weekends to recharge our batteries.
Realistically, I’m hoping to accomplish one or two things on my list. With the extra day, we might be able to accomplish something in addition to the normal weekend tasks like laundry, grocery shopping, and errands. I’m crossing my fingers and trying to not be cranky about it.