Author: Chris Muhlenfeld
Narrator: Price Waldman
Series: The Obsolescence Trilogy, Book 2
Length: 8 hours 44 minutes
Publisher: Chris Muhlenfeld
Released: March 5, 2019
Genre: Science Fiction
Billions are dead. The world is still smoldering. A terrifying new threat has emerged from the ashes. Returning safely from their expedition, James and Alexa deliver the weird news to the survivors at Winona Station. Everyone still alive is now faced with an impossible decision: betray their very humanity to survive, or watch the human race regress into a new stone age. The stakes could not be higher. Will they choose wisely? Make time now because once you start listening to UPGRADE, you’ll be instantly hooked. Get it now! UPGRADE is the second thrilling audiobook in The Obsolescence Trilogy. This audiobook is plausible, near-future sci-fi that’s full of rich, insightful characters, and compelling ideas.
Chris has been reading and writing science fiction since he was a teenager. After roaming all over the world, he finally settled down in the beautiful mountains of western Montana where he publishes Distinctly Montana magazine with his wife. When he’s not hiking, biking or camping in the Montana wilderness, he and his wife are traveling the world.
Price Waldman is an actor and singer, born and raised in NYC. Classically trained, and working professionally in the theater for over 20 years he is new to the world of audiobooks. As an actor he has performed multiple times on Broadway, toured nationally and internationally and appeared on film and television. I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Chris Muhlenfeld. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.
Upgrade is free for review via Audiobookworm Promotions’ Adopt-An-Audiobook program. REQUEST YOUR COPY HERE!
Q&A with Author Chris Muhlenfeld- Part II
- What do you say to those who view listening to audiobooks as “cheating” or as inferior to “real reading”?
- I say they’ve probably never tried an audiobook. Kindle’s whispersync (sync your location between an audiobook and a kindle ebook) is brilliant!
- How did you celebrate after finishing this novel?
- By writing another! And another! And another!
- What gets you out of a writing slump?
- There’s only one way out of writing slump: WRITE MORE.
- In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of writing a stand-alone novel vs. writing a series?
- In today’s market, if you write a standalone novel, it has to be absolutely stellar to ever see any success at all. If you write a series, it only has to be decent in order to find some success.
- Have any of your characters ever appeared in your dreams?
- I almost never remember my dreams.
- What’s your favorite:
- Food – Som Tom Kai Kem (Thai spicy green papaya salad with salted egg)
- Song – Assimilate by Skinny Puppy
- Book – Crime and Punishment
- Television show – Dark
- Movie – One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- Band – Skinny Puppy
- Sports team – What’s that?
- City – Tokyo
- Are any of those things referenced in appearance in your work?
- Yes, many of them.
- What bits of advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Write every day on a strict schedule. Don’t stop, even to celebrate. Write every day and keep going.
- Do you have any tips for authors going through the process of turning their books into audiobooks?
- Find a talented, skilled, efficient, dedicated narrator. This will make the process easy for you.
- What’s next for you?
- I’m working on getting my next series out there, but have since taken over a magazine, so I’m also doing some non-fiction writing.
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.